Sunday, January 11, 2009

My First UTI!

This morning just before Sunday School started, I just had to go to the bathroom. I remember afterward I told Roy, "That was a waste of time; I hardly went at all." Little did I know that was the beginning of my sorrows... later on today, around 5pm, I had urinated, and within 1min I just had to go again, but of course, it was a wasted visit. Then came the burning pain and the feeling of someone constantly pushing on my bladder. Ugh!
After looking up symptoms online, I called a friend that has had many urinary tract infections, and she suggested I call the on-call doctor to get a prescription. I did! I am leaving in about 10mins to pick up a prescription. I know UTIs are common during pregnancy, but I sure hope this is the only one I have - ever! I have never even had one before, so this is a whole new experience for me. (Once again, how in the world am I going to handle labor if I can't even handle a UTI?!!!!)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

ughh! Yep, classic symptoms. I'm so sorry! They truly are miserable. I've only had 2 and they were in jr high, but it is a pain you never forget! Hope you feel better soon!!

Melissa said...

Oh, and I also wanted to mention that although labor pains are really tough, it is different to endure a pain that you get a blessing from than it is to just be sick or hurting because you are sick or hurting. I can't explain it because labor is really hard, but it's true!