Friday, January 23, 2009

Feeling Better

Well, I still don't know what's wrong with me, but the medicine starting kicking in about 10:30pm on Tuesday, and I have felt so much better since then. No more burning, pain, frequent urination, etc. I feel normal. My next appointment is Thursday, so we will see what my doctor says about it all.

My belly has grown much more this week! I told Roy yesterday that I feel big as a hippo. My students kept rubbing my belly today like a genie's lamp, telling me how big I am. One even asked how much I weigh now! I think it's so cute that they are taking such an active role/interest in my pregnancy. I admit I like the attention.

We received a HUGE blessing this week: a good friend gave us a gift card to Target for $500! I actually tried not to accept the gift because it was too much, but she wouldn't hear of it, saying she had this planned from the day she found out I was pregnant. We are going to get the pack and play that matches our stroller and car seat (which came in this week, by the way!), a breast pump, and possibly a glider rocker and ottoman for the nursery. Can you believe I only have 9-10 weeks left?!!!!!

3 comments:

The Pereira Family said...

Who is this friend and would they like to be my friend too?

Melissa said...

What an AWESOME blessing! So glad you are feeling better! Wish I could rub that belly of yours! Can't wait to "see" sweet Warren!! Wish I could be there to welcome hime with you!

the rushes of OKC said...

Wow, what a great friend to have! Glad to hear you are feeling better too.