Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Getting Ready for Warren

I have been giving Roy plenty of honey-do's lately. One of which I am so excited, and it is really for me and not the baby - a jewelry organizer! I had all my earrings and necklaces in a pile, and they were always getting tangled, and I was always getting mad about it, so Roy made this organizer for me. It is in my closet, so it's right by my clothes, which makes so much sense.
I was nesting like crazy last weekend after my OB told me I was 75% efface. I cleaned out the two big storage closets we have in our laundry room just off of our kitchen. I actually wiped down the shelves with disinfectant cleaner! My nesting once again made work for Roy, because he had to carry out to the shed all the paint and stuff that I didn't want in the closet. He didn't seem to mind. In fact, I offered to help, but he told me to go sit down and cross my legs, so Warren doesn't come early! LOL
Warren's room is pretty much ready. I got the diaper stacker that matching his bedding and filled it with diapers, and I also used the ribbon and clothespins from my friend shower diaper cake and made a little "mommy, daddy, and Cleo" picture area in Warren's room. Looks a little cheezy, but my decorating abilities are extremely limited!
I also got all of our bags packed and ready to go, and I have made arrangements for Cleo, too.

In all my nesting, I still managed to buy something just for myself - Bath and Body smell-me-goods! They had a buy 3 get 3 free sale, and so I stocked up.
I have been feeling pretty good this week, considering that it's my first week back to teaching since spring break, and also considering that I am nearly to D-day. I have felt ginormous most of this week, and Warren is obviously bigger. I actually felt his head at my hairline this week! I guess he must have reared it back or something, but it was amazing. He is moving all over the place, and I think he is moving farther down. It's so hard to tell because I have carried low the whole time. I have had more pressure, for sure. I have also had quite a few contractions today, but nothing painful at all, and they don't stay consistent very long. I don't want to make an unnecessary trip to the hospital, so I won't go until I am pretty sure it's the real deal. Tomorrow is my next OB appointment, so we will see what he says!
My final two showers are this week - tomorrow night and Friday! I have really been blessed!

No comments: