Sunday, March 8, 2009

Friend Shower

Saturday I had a wonderful time with my friends at my friend shower. It was great to be with a group of ladies that know me well and I know them well, so we could all be ourselves and not have any awkward "shower moments," if you know what I mean. Here are some pics of the day:

My wonderful friends and hostesses, Staci and Melissa

Staci made the most delicious white cake I have ever had - I mean it! She also made a cookie bouquet that was adorable, and the punch was ice cream, sherbet, and ginger ale - all sooo yummy! The crazy thing? She left ALL of that with me after the shower!!!! Warren will be enjoying lots of sugar this week! LOL


Staci also filled these little bottles with candy pacifiers and made little tags to welcome baby Warren. The guests each took one home. Such a cute touch!
Melissa was my college roommate. She has a secret talent for decorating! Every item she used to decorate was something for the baby! Isn't this the cutest diaper cake ever?!!!
See the daisies below? Melissa put them together in that vase with marshmallows! Who would think of something so cute?
I received so many nice things for Warren: a wipes warmer, some super cute outfits, some very nice tennis shoes, some bowls and spoons, a spinning bottle dryer, foot rattles, and so much more.
I had just told my mom the other day that I needed to get Warren a little hat - and he got a puppy one at the shower! It has little ears that stick up on the top! My friend Kita made the cutest letters for Warren's name. I am using the puppies from the shower decor to accent the letters. I plan to hang them around the letters. Right now I just set them on top, but it still looks really cute, I think.
After the shower, Melissa, Kita, and I went and ate and then did a little shopping. It was so much fun to just hang out and laugh with each other. Melissa stayed the night with me because Roy was in Dallas presenting a paper at a conference. She and I rarely see each other, so it was so much fun to hang out together.

Thanks to everyone who made this such a special and fun day for me! I can't wait for Warren to meet my great friends.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So cool Debbie!!! LOVE LOVE the letters that Kita made! I'm so bummed I wasn't there to help celebrate and shower Warren with blessing!! And how extra special that Melissa got to stay the night!

kimnewland said...

Showers are such a blessing; it is nice that you have some amazing friends to share this memory with. I love the letters for Warren's room! You looked adorable as well! Love and miss you!