Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Final Appt

I can't believe it, but I had my final OB appt. today! I had gained four pounds, which I think puts me exactly at 35lbs for this pregnancy. I am dilated 2cm and still 80% effaced. The scary part is the doctor said he estimates Warren weighs 8 1/4 to 8 1/2lbs!!! Yikes!!!! I wasn't expecting that at all, though I had told Roy this week that I swear Warren's gained a pound. I suppose I shouldn't have eaten the Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, cinnamon bears, maple cookies, and so on. LOL I asked the doctor if he thought I would be able to push Warren out since he's that big, and he said he is feeling really good about that and thinks I can w/o any problem. He said to be at 2cm/80% for a first pregnancy is great progress, and that Warren is low and in position. So if I don't go into labor before then, I will go to the hopsital on the 31st at 6am and get my IV and start the pictocin, and the doc will come break my water around 8 or 8:30am. Then I suppose it's just hurry-up-and-wait time.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

YOU CAN DO THIS, DEB!!!! Besides, like myself, you have good birthing hips! :) That's funny, but I really do know you are going to do awesome!!

the rushes of OKC said...

I can't believe you are effaced that much, and dilated 2cm and still haven't gone into labor. He is holding out to the end. haha