Monday, October 6, 2008

Shrinking and Crying

Okay, why am I getting smaller? Crazy thing - last week I was so much bigger, but then this weekend it is as if I shrank a few inches! Seriously, I went back to looking like I had one too many Big Macs instead of looking pregnant. My boss's husband is an ob/gyn and I saw him at work today, so I mentioned it. He said it could be that the fluid shifted... but he also said I look pregnant, so I guess that's okay. My doc appt. is this Thurs., so we'll see what he says.

I have to tell you about last night:

I did something really stupid - I watched two delivery videos online! Not only did I feel nauseous after the second one, but I told Roy three things: 1) I am really stupid for watching these videos, 2) Now I definitely want an epidural, and 3) Is it too late to put this one back and just adopt?! LOL I have seen delivery videos before, but they never affected me this way. I guess because I was never pregnant while watching them. It brings a whole new meaning when you know it will be your turn soon!

About ten minutes later I started watching this show with Roy on Discovery Channel. It was about a polar bear who had to swim for days to find food, because all of the ice had melted. By the time he got to land, he was too exhausted to hunt. After a day of sleep, he began hunting these walruses on the beach. He kept trying to grab them by the neck, but they were fighting him off. He got stabbed in his leg/foot with the tusks, and began limping and gave up his hunt. He went over, dug a shallow hole in the sand, and laid in it to die. I was balling!!!!!! I kept saying to the TV, "Why don't you help him instead of just filming him?!" It was terrible. Roy said, "Are you crying at this? Boy, you are an emotional wreck." Yep. All this after last week I cried for 15mins because our neighbor's dog was crying about something - I actually called the police to try to get him help (the neighbor wasn't home). Then I laid in bed crying and praying for that dog, telling God that if He wanted me to open a shelter for dogs then I would... OMG!!!!!!!! I am glad I haven't had morning sickness with this baby, but geez-a-lou; how much more emotional can I get?!!!!!!! LOL

One more thing... this weekend I got inspired, so I moved the furniture out of the upstairs office into the guest bedroom, and rearranged the guest bedroom. I must say it doesn't look half bad, but Roy said I shouldn't have done it. I didn't try to move the treadmill, but I moved the file cabinet, desk, and bed. My doc said I can do anything as long as I don't strain myself.... I was glad I did it. Now when my parents come in Nov., we can paint and get some baby stuff in there!

6mths to go!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good for you for rearranging. :) You'll know if you're overdoing it real quick. Don't stress too much, just listen to your body.

You are cracking me up with your hormones! OH MY GOSH! OPEN UP YOUR OWN DOG SHELTER????? What are you thinking, even in the very worst of moments, I don't think I'd be promising that - and I told God I'd go to Zimbabwe (sp?) if he wanted me to when I was 13 or so... :) A dog shelter... that's bad! :)

Oh, and just wanted to say, this is the funniest post I've read in a LONG time! :))))

kimnewland said...

I know for sure now where Sarah gets her "drama side" from. You are hilarious! Everything is so extreme and made to sound so...well...dramatic! I love you stil - drama and all :-)