Tuesday, September 30, 2008

13.5 weeks


Over the weekend I majorly grew! I thought it was going to happen because I kept feeling my ligaments stretch, but I didn't realize it would be an overnight growth. Crazy! One of the 8th graders (whom I taught when he was in 5th grade) saw me today and said, "Mrs. Garton, you're getting fat!" LOL Good thing I am a confident person or I would be feeling really bad about myself right now!
I had Roy take the above pics tonight, and Cleo kept begging, so I asked her if she wanted me to take her picture, and she kept posing, so I took one. I guess she thought she needed some of the attention I was getting.
My next doctor's appt. is Thurs. the 9th. I guess it's just a normal appointment - urine test, weighing in, etc. I feel funny because I can't really think of any questions to ask the obgyn except a couple about labor and delivery, but it seems too early to ask about that. I have been reading parenting and baby magazines, and I also get the daily and weekly pregnancy updates, not to mention all of my friends have had babies, so I feel like I know most of the major stuff, and now it's just a matter of experiencing it. I have started registering online with Target and Baby's R Us. That's all kinda fun, but it gets old after a while. I am noticing that with several baby things - like the daily update emails. Even I can only take so much baby talk.

Something exciting other than the fact that we're having a baby (in less than 6mths, by the way!!!) is that I got an order for debbeads (www.freewebs.com/debbeads) for a wedding! The bride wants me to make the bridesmaids' jewelry. I am so excited! What a great free advertisement, too. I will be sure and post the pics on my site when I have them finished. I haven't actually made jewelry since summertime because things have been so busy, so it will be fun to get back into it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on your order! SO awesome! :) You look beautiful my friend!! :)

Sera said...

Hi Deb! It's Sera (Hopkins) Johnson from Ponca. Alicia and I reconnected through Facebook, and she gave me your blog url. I am so glad to see you and Roy are doing so well... AND expecting a baby! I am soooo excited for you! You look so fabulous with your beautiful baby belly! I know you are having so much fun preparing! :)

Wow! Seeing pics of you takes me back to the good ole' days of First Assembly in Ponca and all of our youth group adventures (camp, Wednesday night services, Missy and Sharon's house, etc.)!

My husband, Darren, and I have lived here in Houston, TX (Spring to be exact) where Darren has been on staff at Lakewood Church (Pastor Joel Osteen) as a TV Director/Editor in the Media department for over 8 years. We have four beautiful blessings! Julia is 10 years old, Elyse is 7 years old, Joshua is 3 years old and Ethan is 9 months old. I am a stay at home mom, homeschool mom (We LOVE homeschooling!!!) and now a published author of a Christian family nutrition curriculum.

So that updates you on me. I do not have a blog... yet, but I do have a Facebook. Do you?

I LOVE being a mother and I really love ministering to other mothers and expectant mothers about the promises of God regarding labor and delivery and also about family health and wellness God's way.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog and watching your precious family grow. :)

By the way, the bra popping blog was hilarious!!!

God bless you!
Sera

mom said...

Oh My God there's a baby under that top!!!! I am so excited!!! Glad to here that your feeling good. Enjoy every min of the pregnancy. I wish I could be there with the three of you. Let me know how the baby feels when it moved.
love ya mom

kimnewland said...

You look fabulous little sis! I cannot wait to see you in person. So exciting about the debbeads order too. Rest when you can - love and miss you!