Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The finale



After three coats of red paint, this is the final product. Don't you love it?! We do. It is such an easy fix for the dingy paneling. I still have to paint the opposite wall in the kitchen, and I am going to paint the cabinets and trim a bright, glossy white. Oh, and yes, that is a towel on our ceiling. It is covering a hole that has been there since Oct., I think, when our friendly neighborhood mouse decided to chew threw a rubber connector and cause a leak.

I can hardly wait for school to be out! I have three boys that are making me crazy (though the margarita on the rocks helped me deal), and a group of snobby girls that are making each other crazy. I am so glad I am not in middle school anymore. It's easy to forget how hard it is at that age. They have to make so many decisions about friendships ... I don't look back at my middle school years as good ones, for sure, but I did learn much about myself.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ooohh!! It's gorgeous! :) I LOVE IT! :) I hope you are able to find patience with your students. I would want to string them up by their ears...that's why I didn't go into education ;)