Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thanks, Mom!

I heard my baby's heartbeat!!!! It was awesome! So strong and loud and fast. I was just grinning from ear to ear, with a tear trickling out, and then I giggled when the doctor asked if I could hear it which totally messed up the Doppler thing (from my tummy moving when I giggled) and it made a real loud fuzzy noise. I wish I could hear it again.... We set all my appointments through December. My ultra sound will be the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The cool thing is my parents are coming into town that morning, so my mom is going to go with me and Roy to get the ultra sound. I invited my dad too, but he said it's a "girl thing," so he'll wait in the waiting room.
My appointment went well otherwise. All the blood work from my first visit came back normal, I found out my blood type is A+, and I had only gained 2lbs (though my scale at home says 5lbs!) The doctor confirmed that all the cocoa butter in the world will not prevent stretch marks, because the come from deep inside, not on the surface, and that it is more of a heredity issue. If your body doesn't have as much collagen then it can't stretch as well. Anyway, I got stretch marks when I was about ten, so I imagine I will be a zebra before all of this is over... but here's to hope!
My mom heard I had bought some maternity clothes, and she just wouldn't have that, so she sent me some money to go shopping! I was able to buy 3 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, one nightgown, one coverup, and two bras for only $135!!! The best part??? I have graduated from a 34A to a 36B!!! Yipeeeeeeee! I had Roy take some pics of me in my new clothes...





I have been feeling great. Tired this week, but that's not too unusual for me, even when I am not pregnant! School is going well, though I must admit I am a bit overwhelmed with all the extra paperwork and stuff. My kids keep patting belly and telling me I am getting bigger. They are so sweet! LOL

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Such cute things, Deb! Love the secret fit pants style. Those were my favorite this time around even until the end. :) They're also really nice just after because they look normal until your regular clothes fit. You're looking fabulous!! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound, and I'm so glad your mom will get to see with you guys!!

the rushes of OKC said...

Your little belly is so cute. It is such an amazing experience to hear the heartbeat. Then to see it on the screen is amazing too, moving all around and seeing the different parts. It is beautiful. Your are looking great. I used the Palmer's lotion for stretch marks. I didn't get any with mine, but like the Doc. said it depends on the person and their genes. Enjoy reading your blogs.

kimnewland said...

You look so adorable! I can't wait to see you! The clothes are great - you are such an amazing fashion gal. Bet you are busy making debbeads to go with them! :-) Love and miss you!