Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ponca Trip and Misc Pics

After our cruise, we went home to Ponca City and visited our families. It was my dad's 65th birthday and John's 5th birthday. We had a big party - Spiderman for John and Cars for Dad.



One day, my mom won't have to spoil her grandpuppy; she'll have a real baby to spoil! Until then...


I had to get some cool "presents" for my niece and nephew. Sarah is eating a light up Ring Pop, and John is showing off a giant pickle.



Roy's sister, Christy, is such a great mommy to Keara.

After a bit of interrogation from me and Roy, Christy's boyfriend, Ty, was welcomed into the family. He and Christy are planning to have a Vegas wedding in March. Roy will have the honor of walking Christy down the isle in place of their dad.


On to the "misc" portion of this blog....
I have been watching lots of HGTV, and that means I have been looking, buying, and redoing ... you know Roy is loving that!!!! LOL
I found this new quilt while in Bartlesville, OK, shopping with my parents. It matches the paint in our guestroom perfectly. I am accenting with the sage color.

One of the shows on HGTV is always using plain white sheets to make curtains. Tried it and liked it. I didn't even have to sew them!


In our room, I am working to accent with the same red as our curtains. I found this red charger for $1.87 and the mosaic vase for $15 - both on clearance, of course. I think it adds a contemperary flair to our room.
I am still making jewelry. Earrings mostly, but it is fun. My sister says I should put them on ebay, but I'm not sure I want to mess with that. She flatters me though by giving me special orders for earrings and then showing them off when she wears them. Big sisters are so awesome!
Okay, it's late and I don't even know why in the world I am putting all these pics on my blog!!!!!!!!! I suppose I am bored, and that's why I'm doing all this creative stuff. Funny thing is, I still haven't finished the trim in the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!! I'll do that tomorrow...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

About the kitchen trim...you are so funny! :) I LOVE the things you've done to the house. Love the quilt! It's so pretty, and I'm really surprised at how much I like the sheet curtain. I may have to try that. It's actually pretty stunning. :)

Your neice and nephew are such cuties. I bet you loved spending time with them, and how exciting about Roy's sister! Congrats to her, and I think its so special that Roy will get to give her away. :)

We would love to do a cruise together sometime! :) How fun! :) We didn't know that Staci was expecting! That is so good! When is she due? We'll have to give them a call. I don't think we'll be next this time though. We're probably not going to try until Caden is at least 1 1/2 years. That way they'll still be close, but not quite as close as Carson and Caden. I love having them close, but it would be a little better on the budget if we didn't have 2 in diapers! :)