Friday, July 30, 2010

Our Baby Boy Is 16mths Old!!!

Sixteen months old... it can't be. Our sweet boy is growing and learning so fast we can barely keep up... actually, we can't keep up!!!
One of Warren's favorite things to do right now is dance with us, esp. to his new favorite song "Can't Be Tamed" by Miley Cyrus. He has even started dancing on his own - he walks in circles, waves his arms, and squats down. I've tried to get it on video, but no luck yet.
The other thing Warren loves doing right now is WALKING EVERYWHERE! He esp. enjoys pushing or carrying toys or throwing balls as he walks around. This is his push chime his Grandma Brown got him in June.
Today we took Warren to Baylor's Mayborn Museum, which he seemed to really enjoy (probably because he got to walk by himself all over the place!) Nothing is off limits there, so it's nice to just let him loose. Their traveling exhibit is the Lego Castle Adventure - all things built with Legos... including this dragon!
Driving the bus in the transportation room.
Playing in the energy room with the water table art.
He really liked this giant piano which makes sounds.
Mixin' up some tunes with Daddy!
Today was basically the end our summer vacay. It has gone quickly but has been so fun to be home with Warren everyday and watch him learn new things.
Warren starts his new daycare next week. He has visited for about two hours everyday this week and done so very well. It should be a smooth transition.
I am so proud of you, sweet boy. I love it that you follow mommy's directions (usually) and that you say "woo" really high like daddy taught you when you are jammin' to music. I love how you give me the sign for "more" and the smile you get on your face when we sing "Open Them Shut Them." I love that you ask to play the Wii and that you think you can only play it in the high breakfast table chair because that's how daddy does it. I love that you focus so hard when using your fork at meal times. I love that you pull up my shirt just to see my belly button and that you push in your belly so you can see and touch your penis while in the bathtub. I love that you have already learned you need to brush your teeth before bed and you ask me about it if I forget. Finally, I love that I love so many things about you, I just can't list them all!

2 comments:

kimnewland said...

He is such a cutie :) it will be great seeing his expressions when your belly button starts to grow and grow and "kick" at him over the next 7 months!

Rebekah said...

Isn't it hard to believe our babies are 16 months old? Where has the time gone?!?! We miss the children's museum and our friends. He is such a cutie!