Monday, May 24, 2010

Ear Tubes

Warren got tubes in his ears today. He was such a trooper. The doctor said he didn't start crying until they starting messing with him getting the mask on and all. The surgery went to plan and he woke up quickly afterward, though he was very fussy and flailing around and could not really hold up his own head. He drank a whole juice box and ate some fruit almost immediately. The nurses said he was doing great, so we just trusted what they told us.
We stayed for about ten minutes after he woke up, and then headed home. He fussed for about 30mins more, and then he was out.
An hour and a half later when he woke up, he was good as new! He seemed to have no clue what had happened to him just a couple hours earlier. He was hungry, and had to have his morning banana.
By afternoon time, he was our normal playful little boy!
We went outside and he used his walker to go all over the back yard.
Tomorrow he goes back to daycare for the rest of this week and part of next. Then he won't be in daycare again until August. We are moving him to a new daycare in August, and I am looking forward to just being with my baby everyday this summer. Any mommies have activity ideas for us?


Cary said...

So glad he did well! :) And that you guys did too!

Summer ideas?? We spend LOTS of time outside...pools, parks, zoos, backyard pool sometimes with slide stuck in it, etc. Target has this sprinkler ball that the boys's like $14 I think, and it's big, like 4 feet. Being outdoors wears them out a little so they don't complain so loudly when it's still sunny at bedtime. :)

Cary said...

uggh...this is melissa :)

the rushes of OKC said...

So glad he is doing better. I know that must have been hard for you. He looks happy and healthy. Hope you guys have a great summer!

Rebekah said...

I am glad everything went smoothly with the tubes! I know you are looking forward to lots of mommy and Warren time this summer! Cilla would be happy to play outside from he time she wakes up until bedtime!