We have been working with Warren on hand clapping for months now, but tonight, he clapped his hands by himself and on demand! We got it on video, of course. (Though once again, it's quite dark. The sad thing is we had nearly all of our lights on!)
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Everyday we are amazed at how much more Warren is doing. He is aware of everything and is learning quickly. He will officially be eight months old on Monday, so I thought I would write some milestones and tidbits about what he is doing these days.
1. Warren has started saying "dada." (He started last week while Roy was in New Orleans.)
2. He is purposefully pushing buttons on his toys and making them play music (sometimes he pushes them with his feet!)
3. He can make his walker go forward, instead of just backward.
4. He can move his hand on his mouth and make noise like an Indian. (what is that called, anyway?)
5. He pick up and eat a whole star puff without choking.
6. He can roll a ball, but he likes to put it in front of his foot and just kick it. LOL
7. He is starting to get up on his knees and rock, and he scoots forward and backward and spins around on the floor.
8. He has had three colds since August, but each one he handles better and better.
9. He is infatuated with technology, particularly our cell phones, but he loves our computers, too.
10. He still LOVES to jump!
11. Even though he slobbers all the time, he has no tooth to show for it.
12. He likes to play peek-a-boo.
13. He is ticklish on his shoulders and thighs and back.
14. He gets bashful and will make eyes at his mommy (love that!)
15. He sleeps on his side, his back, and his tummy, and moves all over in his crib at night.
16. He sometimes roars like a lion.
17. He enjoys petting Cleo, and is determined to get her ears.
18. He is mesmerized by the Christmas tree.
19. He laughs when other people sneezes, and when he sneezes!
20. He gives the most fabulous kisses on demand, and sometimes even when we don't ask for them! He still sticks his tongue out on demand, too.
21. He likes to read, but not as much as mommy would like.
22. He plays "pass the pacifier" with mommy.
23. He is still wearing 6-9mths clothing, but the 12mths are not too far out of sight.
24. He cries at strangers (sometimes).
25. He lifts his arms up to be held.
On another note...today was the first day I had to leave Warren to cry himself to sleep in his bed. Normally when he's tired I just lay him in his bed, and he babbles and falls asleep. Today he was fighting it. It didn't matter if I rocked him or held him, he was still fussing hard, so I put him in his bed to work it out. He looked at me like I had abandoned him, and he started crying pitifully. I, of course, started crying too, and Roy laughed at me. Thankfully Warren only cried for a minute or two; he is breaking me in easy.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Roy came home from New Orleans late last night (hurray!), and my mom went back to Oklahoma today (sigh). Before she left, she used her skills (and patience!) and took some family photos for us! Below are a few of my favorites. Thanks for everything, Mom!!!
Like mother like daughter...
Sunday, November 22, 2009
My mom came down to stay with Warren and I this week while Roy is in New Orleans presenting a paper at the SBL conference. Of course she gets the best pics, so I have to share.
Mommy's little stinker!
On Saturday Warren got his first haircut!
He started crying as soon as the clippers turned on, poor baby. He sat perfectly still the whole time, though. At the end, someone felt bad for him and gave him a sucker. It was his first time to have one, and he liked it!
Warren is just loving his time with Grammie!
Grammie bought him many new toys!
I stayed up until 2:30am yesterday to get the Christmas tree up. Mom got some great shots of us in front of the tree.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
While grocery shopping today, I saw this cute stuffed monkey and started showing it to Warren and playing with it with him. He was giggling and smiling and really liked it. We must have been a sight ... in the middle of the aisle, playing with our kiddo and taping him on our cell phone!
I started to put the monkey back, but Roy said we should get it for Warren, so we did! When I handed it back to Warren, he gave a super cute, heart-melting grin. When I put Warren into his carseat and handed him his monkey, I told him he wouldn't have that monkey if it had been up to me, but apparently his daddy is a pushover ... he always has been, he just doesn't want anyone to know it!!!!
Playing the piano Grammie and Papa gave me!
Tonight our good friend Tanya came over to visit. She lives in Houston now, so we don't get to see her very often. Warren wasn't sure about her at first, but then he warmed up to her. Cleo was jealous for Tanya's attention, for sure.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Warren had his 6/7mth pics taken "professionally" - I use that term loosely because I think my mom's pictures of Warren are just as good or better. Anyway, I took pics of his pics, so I could show you all. Some have a glare or make his hair look dark on top, but they are super cute in person.
Warren was sleepy the day we got his pics, and he started crying at the photographer, so needless to say, this was his only real smile, and the photographer had to fake sneeze about four times to get it! (Warren thinks sneezes are hilarious!) I love that he has a dimple like his daddy.
On Saturday Warren went to his first birthday party. His friend Hudson turned one! I teach with Hudson's mommy.
Happy birthday, cutie pie!
I think Warren is in that stage where he cries when he sees people he doesn't know. At the party, every time Hudson's grandpa talked to Warren he started crying. In the pic below, he was somewhat happy with Zoe (another coworker's child) holding him, but shortly after he started crying again. Then on Sunday he cried nearly the whole time in Sunday School! Poor guy. At least he doesn't cry when we leave him at daycare.
At the end of the day, we were both exhausted!
Umm, okay, so he really doesn't look like me. Bummer.