Saturday, November 14, 2009

Daddy bought me a monkey!

While grocery shopping today, I saw this cute stuffed monkey and started showing it to Warren and playing with it with him. He was giggling and smiling and really liked it. We must have been a sight ... in the middle of the aisle, playing with our kiddo and taping him on our cell phone!

I started to put the monkey back, but Roy said we should get it for Warren, so we did! When I handed it back to Warren, he gave a super cute, heart-melting grin. When I put Warren into his carseat and handed him his monkey, I told him he wouldn't have that monkey if it had been up to me, but apparently his daddy is a pushover ... he always has been, he just doesn't want anyone to know it!!!!
Playing the piano Grammie and Papa gave me!

Tonight our good friend Tanya came over to visit. She lives in Houston now, so we don't get to see her very often. Warren wasn't sure about her at first, but then he warmed up to her. Cleo was jealous for Tanya's attention, for sure.

And of course I had to take a mommy and me pic today...

3 comments:

the rushes of OKC said...

So cute! Just wait until "EVERY" time you go to the store they ask for several different things, and you have to talk them through it in the store, in front of people, why they can't have it. That's me about every week. The check out line is the worst too, all the good stuff is there. Maybe he won't though. He is very cute, and has grown so much.

kimnewland said...

I am right there with you Mrs. Rush - my kiddos do the very same thing and we discuss the art of saving and how we should be content with what we have. It is difficult when it comes to your own kiddos though - we love them all so very much!

Rebekah said...

How cute is he with his monkey! It is so fun to see the daddy's soft sides! Melts my heart!