Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break!

I had the best spring break! Technically it is not over until tomorrow (Sunday) night, but seeing that I have to prep tomorrow for school on Monday, it seems like it's over today...

I went to OK to stay a few days with my sister. It was great! My mom was watching John and Sarah, so on Saturday my sister and bro-in-law and I painted Sarah's room pink!

Then we went to this really great pizza place, and then watched a movie together that night - all w/o the kids! I hadn't spent this much time with my sis w/o the kids since ... well, I can't remember when.

On Sunday my parents brought the kids back home, and I got to visit with my mom and dad for a few hours. I rested my head on my dad's belly, which was nice and cozy, and kind of made me feel like a little girl again being rocked to sleep by my daddy. Oh, and did I mention I had a cold?!!!! Yea, on the Friday before I left, I started catching a cold, so my whole trip at Kim's was full of snot - literally!

On Monday I got to just hang out and play with the kids. John and Sarah and I built a rather elaborate Lego house - so much fun.

On Tuesday I went to Tulsa with my sister and the kids. Kim had a doctor's appointment, so I watched the kids in the waiting room. I was so amazed at Sarah's abstract thinking abilities. The waiting room ceiling had a square cutout all around, and Sarah looked at the corner of the square and said, "If you cross it that makes an 'A'" And sure enough, it did!!!! She's not even 4 yet!!!! She knows many letters and can write them, but to make an A out of the corner of a square w/o any prompting is impressive. Okay, on with my vacation... After the doctor we went to the mall and to the Cheesecake Factory to pick up some dessert, then we headed home.

That night Kim and I went (by ourselves!) and got a spa pedicure and then to Chili's to eat. When we got home, I was trying to take a pic of my, Kim, and Sarah's toes (I had painted hers earlier), and John kept sticking his foot in the pic!!!

After a long day, I had to pee, so I went in, did my thing, and flushed. As I was walking out of the bathroom, I heard a trickling sound ... yep, toilet overflowed! I hollered for Kim and she hollered for Steve, who was in the middle of eating, and he had to come in and step in the pee water to turn off the water. So Kim and I spent the next little while vacuuming up water! It was quite funny!

On Wednesday morning I left to come home to TX. My old college roommate picked me up from Love Field, and I hung out at her place that afternoon. Her mom ordered a bracelet from my website! That's my fifth order! Roy and Cleo came and picked me up and brought me home. Thursday and Friday I worked on the house and on my website (, which is so cool now, by the way, because you can click on the "buy now" buttons and it calculates the total with shipping and all, and you can pay through Paypal. Last night I spent a couple hours making several new necklaces.

Today I spent 3.5 hours on the lawn - mowing, weeding/feeding, and watering - and then Roy and I went and got a Fuddrucker's burger. Now I am typing this super long blog like you all having nothing better to do than read for hours.... LOL

Cleo is feeling much better, by the way. She is finished with her steroids and other meds, and is back to her old self. We take her in for the follow up X-ray on Friday.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay! I love it when you update, and this was a great one! :) It sounds like your trip was so much fun. How nice that you got some quality time with your sister. I'm sure my sisters feel like that isn't a possibility here anymore. :) Sarah is looking so much like you! She's a doll, and you look great by the way. :) Love the new necklaces, and congrats on your 5th sale! I bet the paypal thing will really help too because it's so convenient. Have a great Easter!! We miss you guys! :)