Monday, September 17, 2007

Isis - goddess of protection

Only God knows how long it had been since I had dusted and vacuumed, and He wouldn't even tell! It was bad, folks. It was so bad, that after doing just those two things, the whole living room looked clean. Last night I was able to clean nearly the whole house. It was a nice feeling. Today, in fact, I need to finish off the cleaning, and I can because this is my first day to not have any schoolwork to bring home!!! Hurray! I am feeling very much at ease, and I like it. I had almost forgotten what that felt like. My poor husband, on the other hand, is living, breathing, and eating schoolwork. But I tend to not have much sympathy for him because he chose this life. I suppose I chose my life of teaching as well, so what's my point? Not sure. LOL Oh boy. Don't you just get tired of being a woman sometimes? No, I am not thinking of having any surgical procedures to alter my female parts, but I just get tired of being emotional and flighty and not being able to think things through logically (Hillary Clinton doesn't face this, of course, for she has a handle on her emotions, which is why I think she would make a good President. Seriously, I may vote for her. She makes sense - but this isn't a political blog, so I'll stop this parenthetical blah,blah and get on with it). On the other hand, it's nice to just cry for ten minutes when something is wrong, and then afterward feel so much better....

We are getting a new puppy at the beginning of November! Her name is going to be Isis (eye-sis). She was the Egyptian goddess of protection, which is cool, cause Cleopatra was an Egyptian Pharaoh, and every pharaoh needs a protector! The puppies will be born the end of this month, and we will be able to take Cleo to help us pick Isis out. The neat thing is the puppy will officially be Cleo's sister - she has the same mom and dad. Her dad just died recently, so this is our last chance to get a sibling. We are excited, though I must admit, I am a bit nervous about the extra responsibility. Guess it will prep me for a kid.

Enough of the babbling...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You crack me up! :) Yay for Isis! Can't wait to meet her through pics! And I think it's a great idea to take Cleo to pick her out. I bet it will really help with her adjustment. It's just like with kids...we made Caden "Carson's baby" so that he wouldn't feel misplaced. :) Oh, and I love her name too! :)

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you had to endure Sunday! I'm telling you, you guys really need to move here when Roy is done with school! You would love it!!

Thanks for saying you like my hair. I've been growing it, and have really been hating it lately, so you have encouraged me! :) I miss you more than you know!!!