Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm Breathing Again!!!!!

Okay, I know in the last post I said I was finally able to take a breath, but apparently I lied because now I feel like I can finally breath again. It's so nice! School is going great. Still super busy, but great. I love what I do and seldom have days when I wish I wasn't teaching ... such a nice feeling.

I have decided I need to hire someone to clean my house. Since that's not going to happen, I guess I'll just have to pay myself for each room I clean; perhaps that will motivate me. Housework is the one thing you have to do all your life and it never improves or gets to the point where you don't have to do it. (I know, some women could say that about sex. LOL)

I think I have a weird sense of humor tonight. Earlier this week one of my students asked me if I felt small. I asked if he meant "small" as in skinny or "small" as in meaningless. He said he meant skinny. When I said no, I just feel average, not too big and not too small, he said, "oh." I have no idea what in the world that even means, but of course I went the rest of my day thinking he thinks I am bigger than I was last year!!!!! Then I had another student, whom I was trying to help write an essay, ask me if I fill in my eyebrows!!!!! Why do those little brats have to be so observant anyway?!!!!!!! Good grief!!! Well, they do make me laugh daily, so I am never bored.

Otherwise things are going well too. My mom's second knee replacement went well. She's not recovering as quickly this time as she did with the last knee, but she is still doing well. My sister and I went and stayed with mom and dad in the hospital over Labor Day weekend. It was actually a bit of fun at mom's expense. We made fun of her while she was doped up, and we also called her the nocturnal Nazi because she never slept but always had something to tell us to do. We slept in these recliners in her hospital room that, I swear, had to come from a sex doctor's office. If you recline in them and just barely move, your whole pelvis starts pulsing and the chair goes everywhere! We had some great laughs at that. Another fun thing was that my dad took my sister and me out for breakfast, just father and daughters. We had never done that before, and it was really cool. It's funny how you appreciate your parents so much more after you are grown. I can only hope that I can instill in my kids the same core values that my parents instilled in me. It's scary to think how much I could mess my kids up! My friend said her goal is to raise her kids to make smart and informed decisions and to not have baggage to carry with them from their childhood. I like that. No baggage, just tickets. They can fly anywhere they want without worrying about something from their past weighing them down.

Tonight Roy and I ate at Tx Roadhouse with a friend. I had a watermelon margarita! It was really good. I had a peach one too, which is always good. Then I had a baked potato, Caesar salad, green beans, and rolls. Needless to say, I thought about becoming bulimic again, just this once, but I didn't. I'm the one who ate all the food and drink, so I will just make myself suffer through ... and I wonder why my student asked about me being small????? LOL

Okay, I know. It has taken you ten years just to read this blog. I suppose it's proof that I need to talk to "real" people sometimes and not just kids.....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

First, I just want to say to those "some women"... what a sad sex life... ;)

You are so funny, Deb! Glad you're breathing, it's so uncomforatble to hold your breath for weeks on end. :)

I like your take on raising kids. I agree, just tickets, and maybe a tool kit. :) If I could just do as good a job as my parents, I think I'd be glad. I mean, my sis and bro have made some SUPER stupid choices, but they got back on track, and I think I turned out okay, but then again, maybe I should ask Cary about that! :)

I miss you, my friend! You always lighten my days...even through posts! :)