Thursday, September 9, 2010

Headaches

It is so easy not too update my blog now that I have a Facebook account, but I am making myself try to update when it comes to baby#2....

For the past two weeks, I've had a headache off and on, and when I cough, it feels like the top of my head is going to blow right off. Ouch! Tylenol would dull the pain, but not take it away. I called the OB's office today, and his nurse said come in, so she can check my blood pressure. I did, and it was 140/70. Mine is normally 120/70, but doctor said he wasn't worried about it.

Warren was with me at the appointment (Roy was in class), so I had him sitting on my legs while I was lying on the bed. He wasn't sure what to think of the doctor messing with his mama! He made a face at the OB, but sat real still while we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was a relief to hear it beating so fast. I have been more concerned about miscarriage this time around, for some reason. I've had two friends miscarry, so it is on the forefront of my mind anytime something is not "normal."

Apparently headaches are normal with pregnancy, esp. up until week 20 or so. (Ugh! I'm 10wks and 5 days right now.) Doc said it's due to the changes in hormone levels. He prescribed some Tylenol with Codeine. So far it has dulled the pain, but not taken it away yet. I can take two, but only took one at my pharmicist's suggestion, so if it isn't gone soon, I may just take the other one.

No comments: