Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kids have a weird way of complimenting

In previous posts I have mentioned how one of my students this year has this obsession with my eyebrows. Well, today I actually find out that she likes them, she just has a weird way of saying it. I was at her level (in the middle of correcting her poor behavior, actually), when she said, "I like your eyebrows, Mrs. Garton"! I was like, what is this obsession with my eyebrows!!!!!!! (I actually said that!) She giggled, but one of the girls in her group said it's because they are thin and "mine aren't; mine are so thick and bushy." So I realized that kids are just weird! That's all there is to it! This girl has gone from asking me if I fill in my eyebrows, to telling me my eyebrows are gray, to telling me she likes them. So, if you are feeling bad about your eyebrows, just pattern them after mine. Apparently they are something to talk about! LOL (How can I help but enjoy my job?!)

Last week my kids made landform maps out of sugar cookies! What do you think? Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Can you name the landforms that these food items represent?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's really funny! :) I have to say you really have some strange kids! But then, I guess kids really do say the darndest things.

I have no idea what the map represents, but it's a really great idea! :)