Friday, January 28, 2011

End of 30 Weeks and Pottying!

We had the second 3D/4D ultrasound today. I drank a strawberry shake before I went this time, so Grant was more cooperative for the tech, though he kept his hand up by his face nearly the whole time. Apparantly he really likes his thumb because he kept trying to suck on it. He also kept yawning, which was oh so cute. He has big beautiful lips and his mommy's nose. His heartrate was 140 at the obgyn.
Not sure what he's trying to tell us here!
Definitely a boy!
I suppose having a 2yr old to chase after keeps me from posting as much as I did while pregnant with Warren, but the joy we feel with this baby is just as strong as it was the first time around. My pregnancy has been very smooth, and I have nothing to complain about. I have had some aches and pains, but compared to some people, it's been perfect. I will be 31 weeks along on Sunday. Today I measured at 30cm and weight 172lb. I was hoping to only get to 175lb with this one, but looks like I won't make that. I've never weighed more than 175lb in my life, so it's a bit disturbing, but it's not like I have much control over it. As Grant gains weight, so shows the scale. Some days I think my belly is bigger than it was with Warren, but when I compare to old pics, it's really about the same. Here I am tonight, nearing 31weeks.

A big event in the Garton household this week was Warren pee-peed in the potty for the first time!!!! He wanted his potty top on the big potty, and he sat on it and talked, then started brushing his teeth and I heard trickles. I said, "Bubba, you're going pee-pee!" and he said, "big...Elmo" which meant he was peeing on the big potty like Elmo. He's been into the Elmo's Potty Time video lately, so it must be impacting him! He was so proud of himself
Life is good... time for bed...





2 comments:

kimnewland said...

Yeah for Warren! Maybe you won't be buying diapers for two very long. Love you all!

Rebekah said...

You look great, lady! Don't you worry about what that scale says! We are working on potty training too. Cilla has been doing great, but it is me that is not ready to concede ad give in to her using the big potty. I kind of dread using public potties and having to pull the car over to go potty! I know, that's weird!!!